FW:

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW:
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 00:28:37 -0400
Hi Jim,

Just tonight I took apart a spare engine from a 71 and found that they had
used the wrong intake gasket. As Tim said earlier the intake port spacing
for the later engines is wider. The later head is also tapped for an EGR
valve. Take a look at the picture at:
http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/intakegasket.jpg

You'll note the gasket doesn't line up with the intake ports. This just as I
found it! It must have had serious vacuum leaks at the ports such as number
5 shown here. The gasket also blocked part of the intake passages. Could
this be why the car became a parts car in 1986? Virtually no wear inside the
engine but I had to sledge hammer the pistons out! Picture at:
http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/piston.jpg

On another note, can anyone identify cam number 307621? The previous owner
of this parts car eluded to "something special" about the innards. So far
it's not too impressive. . .

Rick Patton
75 Delft Blue
http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6