RE: hard top

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, Ozium8221@aol.com
Subject: RE: hard top
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 07:27:44 -0600
Lets get the cons out of the way first.

 1)No more wind in the hair.
 2)Reduces the volume of that six cylinder sympohony.

 That is really all the down sides I can think of because:

 1)The factory hard-top looks quite smart on the car.
 2)Attaching and de-attaching is quite simple.
 3)The hard-top seals the side windows better than the soft-top(at least on my
current soft-top).
 4)With the hard top in place the car feels very much like a GT.

On attaching...

 Some say you can leave the soft-top in place but I take mine out of the car
for more stowage space. Then with the right pieces you simply attach the hard
top to where the soft-top was attached on the B-pillar. On the windscreen
header rail you use the two holes that should be covered up by rubber plugs
and not the same locking ports as the soft-top.

 Be careful of the rubber stoppers on the trailing edges of the  hard-top. I
have seen them rub through the paint where they contact the body.

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6 (currently topless)
Fort Collins, CO