Re: Repairing the frame on a TR6

To: "feickert" <feickert@alltel.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Repairing the frame on a TR6
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:19:39 -0400
Carl,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but this is not a job typically done with
the body on, or at least all the way on.  The link below is of a shop that
does the repair with the body on but does so by cutting the rear half of the
interior floor out to get to the frame sections, then rewelds the shelf back
in.

A fellow that I know who does extensive TR restoration and repair also
removes the body.  The reason being is that the top of the frame must be
acessible in order to completely weld the new box sections to the existing
frame.  Although cutting the old sections out might be possible "body on".

Another lister may know of a creative method to accomplish this repiar body
on but I've never heard o fit.

http://www.triumphworks.com/tr6_chassis_frame_tr6_chassis_fr.htm

Greg Dito
CD6250L