Re: Trouble Shooting cont. Venting Problem!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trouble Shooting cont. Venting Problem!
From: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:31:57 -0400
Listers,

I still did not correct the problem EVEN AFTER replaceing two bad
diaphragms in the carbs with multiple tears!!!  But the GOOD news is I am
no longer experiencing bogging in the higher gears doing 60+ mph.

What have I done???  I simply opened my gas tank filler cap and have NOT
latched it . . . it's simply resting on the seat allowing more vent air
to go into  the tank.   I guess I have an obstruction somewhere in the
venting system that is not allowing adequate gas flow.

Has ANYBODY had this problem before?  I think, again, I have found the
problem.

Regards,

Al Graffam  '74 French Blue  CT