cam number 307621

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: cam number 307621
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 01:45:29 -0400
Hi,

Thanks to all that replied to my question about the identity of cam number
307621 removed from a 71 TR6. Everyone agrees that it is a cam used in the
TR250 and the early TR6's. Bob goes on to say that this cam "is an
18/58-58/18 cam with .330 lift. This makes it the same duration as the late
stock fed. spec cam with less lift (by about .010)."

It was described as wimpy. I'm plan to fix that by having it reground this
winter to Bob's suggested grind of 25/65-65/25 with about .400 lift at the
valve. Note: 25/65 is about 270 degrees of duration. This translates to a
very smooth cam. Can't wait to try it out.

I'll be tearing down my other 71 parts car motor this week. No telling what
is inside. This engine externally looks to be in much better condition than
the last and at least it turns over. Will keep you posted.

Rick Patton
Electronic fuel injected delft blue 75 TR6
http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/
patton@suscom-maine.net