My New Obsession

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: My New Obsession
From: "Mark Anderton" <andertonm@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:22:36 -0400
On 3 September, I retired from 33 years of government service, having done
mostly computer work.  I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with
myself, but my son mentioned that the gas station about two miles from my
house was for sale.  To make a long story short, tomorrow I become the owner
of a three bay Shell service station, complete with three hydraulic lifts, two
mechanics, and a small convenience store.  Maybe now I can get the Morris
Minor, Daimler, and Velocette back on the road - or maybe I can spend every
waking hour trying to make a success of my new business.  My only real
handicap is that I have no idea how to run a gas station, but I guess I'll
learn...  The previous owner has allowed me to act like I'm the owner for the
past couple of weeks and so far it's, well, a gas!  I plan to be very
classic-friendly, so if you get a chance to visit Virginia Beach, come by
Shore Drive Shell.  It's the place with the TR6 parked out front.

Mark Anderton