Re: Which lock tight to use

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Which lock tight to use
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:44:35 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Don Malling wrote:

> Hi Dick,
>
> Sounds like Red Loctite is tuff stuff.
>
> Is it possible to list where the red should be used? If it's too
> complicated, you don't have to bother.

Go to:

www.loctiteproducts.com, click on "threadlockers" amd then click on which
compound you are interested in.

I've used red (271) on the flywheel bolts with success. I do not use much
Loctite in the motor other than that though. Properly cleaned/lubed
threads and specified torque values are more than adequate to keep
fasteners in place for the normal service period specified in the manual.

You might think about 271 for the set screw for the rocker shaft.

Oh - I use 271 on the brake rotor bolts. That's one part that I want to
stay on the car.

:-)

> Don Malling

regards,
rml
p.s. I used blue on my adjustable cam gear on the race car. That seems to
be adequate, but for a stock cam, the lock plate works just fine when
installed properly.
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |