RE: Springs

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, Don Hasara <dmhasara@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Springs
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:00:58 -0600
I have the Triumph Tune fast road springs. From what I understand they are
comparable to the TRF springs in question. They lowered my car by about an
inch and a half when coupled with my 195/65R15 tires. I also have urethane
bushings and solid steering mounts. However I am using KYB shocks on all four
corners. My ride is firm and controlled but not harsh. The car has been very
comfortable on long drives. Though my longest with that set up has only been
750 miles not 900 but I could have easily kept going after the 750 mark. I
think the key here will be your shock choice. Koni's tend to be very stiff on
their spring control and the KYB's are much smoother, but not adjustable.

That is my experience, yours may differ.

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO