Compression ratios and head thickness

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Compression ratios and head thickness
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:28:55 -0500
 Hey guys I need some help from a knowledgeable source. I want to raise the
compression on my early narrow port head ('69 TR with 8.5:1 compression) to
9.5:1. I've looked at Goods sight on compression ratios and also called TRF
for some figures, strange thing is that what TRF spec'd out doesn't match
Richard Good's on all thickness and CR. Does any one know for sure the
original thickness of the head and how much needs to be shaved off to achieve
9.5:1. I'm not saying Good isn't right but just need to make sure.
  Oh yeah, standard bore.

Thanks again,

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com