Re: Silicone Rocker Cover Gasket

To: bosborn@americanbank.com
Subject: Re: Silicone Rocker Cover Gasket
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:25:40 -0700 (PDT)
Buzz---I think Wagner was the guy I met at the Triumphest, in Riverside,
Ca. He said that he had done a gasket for the six valve cover, and how
well it came out. I wish now I had gone to see his sample, but got
sidetracked. He claims it is re-useable if one has to remove and replace
the valve cover, such as to set valve lash, or whatever. The $45 is a
little steep, considering we can buy a half-dozen corked ones for that
price. The upside to the extra cost might be is you don't have to fuss
with the location, to get a good seal. He claims sealing well is the
strong suit for his gasket, and requires very little liquid sealant to
complete.  I would imagine those owners who have the cast aluminum
covers might benefit from this style silicone gasket.

Dick