Re: The Seats Have to COME OUT?

To: quicksilver_rising@yahoo.com (S Mann)
Subject: Re: The Seats Have to COME OUT?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:14:25 -0800 (PST)
Scott---I've done this both ways...the engine and tranny as a unit and
also separated. It is really 'close' to remove them both together. A
hoist that has a tilting feature would help here, but I didn't use one.
At one point I was ready to let the air out of the tires, but stopped
short!

I featured the re-install to also be tough, but weighed this against
stabbing the tranny in later, with the engine in place. After doing it
this way (together), I have since taken them out and in separately and
prefer this. The handful of bolts around the bell housing isn't a big
deal, and easier with the aid of ViseGrips to hold the bolt heads while
you ratchet on the nuts.

The seal around the front of the tunnel is a pain to re-install. I'm not
even sure if mine still does the job on the cardboard tunnel, but no
light comes thru. New seal kits are available, if yours went to mush.

You shouldn't have to do anything with the u-joint. Just slide this
flanged coupling rearward to gain more access when installing the
tranny. Note the driver's seat can also stay in, to provide some comfort
during part of this job. The tranny can go  thru the passenger door
opening.

Dick