Front suspension

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front suspension
From: "The Romagni's" <mrdr@buckeyeweb.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 18:45:32 -0600
Hello again everyone,

I am planning to rebuild my front suspension this winter. I have been
following the shock thread from a few days ago and have a related question. If
I want to disassemble the suspension to replace the trunnions, fulcrum
brackets, bushings, etc., how is the best way to do that - one sub assembly at
a time or disassemble the entire suspension and put it back together? The
latter seems the most efficient, yes?

If I take the suspension completely off the car, what is the proper (and most
efficient) order to take it apart? I realize the first steps have to be to:
  disconnect the front sway bar,
  Disconnect the tie rod end from the steering rack
  pull the brake caliper and hang it out of the way
  remove the hub and rotor
But what is the order for the remaining assemblies? The Bentley manual tells
how to remove it a sub-assembly at a time, but not how to do the entire front
suspension.

Thanks in advance,

Marty Romagni