Re: Non-related emails

To: "6-pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Non-related emails
From: "Peter Logan" <logan@pt.lu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:27:39 +0200

For those with ISP POP3 mail accounts, PopFile is a free incoming email
classifier.  It adds a tag to the message subject line, like [spam], which you
can then use in message rules to route the messages to a Folder in your
regular email program, or just to delete them.  It is somewhat intelligent,
and you teach it to recognise different categories of mail (it calls them
buckets) and put a different tag on each.

It is said that it does not work on web-based accounts such as Hotmail without
additional software (they don't say what).

I just installed it today, it took me about 10 minutes (if that) and it killed
the first twenty or so spam messages quite accurately.

http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

Hope this can help at least some.

Pete