GARAGEMAHALL ... TENTING-IT-ALL?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: GARAGEMAHALL ... TENTING-IT-ALL?
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 18:11:54 +0000
  Vance's letter got me thinking:  What about our Garage Queens that have to
set outside?  My two car garage I was renting was just sold booting my
Midget and Bugeye outside for the winter.  It might make for an interesting
thread, How Best to Store your Roadster Outdoors.  For instance: I have
mousetraps under the cars.
  As  a tenth-grader, I cut through a neighbors yard past their renter's
MKIII 3000 every day. Its paint was covered in tree sap and the tires were
dried out.  Having no top for years, it was half full of leaves and the
interior shot.  I finally knocked on the door to ask about it, and the lady
laughed, probably thinking I wasn't old enough to drive or I would kill
myself with it, and said smiling: "No, it's been in many rallys over the
years, and it will be again."
    I would like to have a photo of a roadster like that, full of fall
colors, setting in a driveway.
SD Steve

>       I had to laugh at all these pictures. What is very apparent from
>many of them is that when push comes to shove, the family buggy
>sleeps out in the cold, while the "rusty treasure" that so many of
>us drive only rarely is lavished with a warm dry place to sleep,
>oodles of attention, spares, and expensive tool$.
>       I can see that this is not a hobby for so many of us, rather
>it is a sick obsession. These rusty treasures (my affectionate term
>for the 6) have a way of moving in and taking over. Too much fun
>I guess. The only reason mine is not kept in the bedroom during the
>winter is that my wife would make *ME* sleep in the driveway. She
>is the only thing in my life that is more expensive than the 6, so
>of course she wins those 'discussions' every time. She is my true
>pride and joy, although she would swear it is the TR6 =:-)
>
>       Thanks,
>
>       Vance

Great deals on high-speed Internet access as low as $26.95.