Steering rack reinforcement

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering rack reinforcement
From: "Neil Wehmeyer" <ngwehmeyer@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 16:12:44 -0800
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 07:49:55 -0500
From: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
Subject: Front suspension reinforcement templates...

Hi,

Does anyone have a document or know of a link that would describe the
dimensions for the reinforcement plates that need to be welded to the
steering rack area?  I took my frame completely apart yesterday, and I'm
down to bare frame now.  I most certainly need to brace the front area as
well as the rear.  I already got a template for the rear diff mount
reinforcements; now I just need the fronts.

Anyone?  Thank you all.

Joe:

I've not found a template for this piece, but there is a nice illustration
of it in "How to restore Triumph TR5/250 &6" by Roger Williams.  You don't
really need a template, since it's an easy piece to make  You can get the
book at Amazon.

Neil Wehmeyer
cc26895L