Re: International shipping

To: slbridge@hotmail.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: International shipping
From: TR6UO@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:12:31 EST
Steve,
Here's a copy of recent info sent to Bruce regarding shipments from Canada.
Steve

Bruce,
I bought a TR4A in Calgary in June of '99 and brought it to California. (I
initially
asked the seller over the phone "Is this a TR4A or are you saying TR4
EH?   -OK, you had to be there). The major difference between your
transaction
and mine is that I had the car shipped. But I can still offer some insight.

First of all, in Calgary, the license plate stays with the seller. It is
registered to him for life. You'll need some sort of temporary plate or trip
permit to drive the car home. Secondly, you'll have to pay a duty fee at the
border, probably Blaine, WA. I recommend contacting the Norman G. Jensen Co.
They
are a US Customs Broker and foreign freight forwarder. They can supply you
with
all the necessary forms and information. Their number is 360-332-8671. The
fees, of course, will depend on the car value. For a stated value of $6800, I

paid $170 duty, $100 broker fee, $25 user fee and another $75 in misc. fees.

Good luck and congratulations on your new acquisition.

Steve
'72 Damson