Re: Four Spoke Follow-up

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Four Spoke Follow-up
From: CP25616@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:33:49 EST
In a message dated 12/1/03 7:42:21 PM GMT Standard Time, lang@isis.mit.edu
writes:

> The American Racing four-spokes were also available in different wheel
> patterns (like 4 on 100mm.) I have seen these on first gen RX 7's. Forget
> about converting them to work on TR6 (unless you re-drill your TR6 hubs to
> the 4 on 100mm pattern.)
>
> This is not correct in so far as the four spoke TR6 ARE alloy wheel commonly
classed as the "Libre" model was readily available in the TR6 size---I have
seen many such cars fitted with these wheels.
The Libre pattern was the successor to the "Silverstone" pattern that had 8
spokes and looked like a Minilite but was far classier and nicer looking.
Regards
Alan Graham
Scotland
TR6PI on silverstone magnesiums 6" x 15"