Orphan Set Screw

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Orphan Set Screw
From: Douglas Morris <dcmdcm@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 22:20:52 -0500
Okay. Let's say a guy (we'll call him... Doug) is about to shoe-horn his
engine/trans back into his TR. Then, our protagonist finds something
puzzling in one of his parts trays. Ol' Doug doesn't recognize it, the parts
drawings don't show it, and there don't seem to be any holes which need it.
Perhaps one of the lists' wiser hands can identify this thingee for m... uh,
Doug.

It looks like a set screw: 3/8" dia, coarse thread, 1/2" long, straight-slot
drive, small concavity at other end, dark gray, slotted end looks blued (?).

Now, it might just be a part left over from a rifle or motorcycle project,
but I'd sure like to know if it's something TR-related before I mate the
engine and tranny. The engine bay has been essentially stripped, and all the
fluid lines replaced, so it may be something other than an engine/trans
part. Something from the passenger compartment? Dunno.

Doug Morris '74 TR6 CF18xxx, NC
(Keep the jokes to yerselves, will ya? Okay, send 'em to me privately.)