RE: Parts Prices

To: <LaJoMor@aol.com>, <kai@radiohead.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Parts Prices
From: "Steve Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 08:56:23 -0800
All,

As I have been following this thread I have been very amused.  Over the
last 13 years or so as I travel between our UK office and the US I have
seen the GBP move from $1.7 down to 1.5 and back.  So the comments from
the suppliers are fairly transparent, costs go up and therefore pricing
to us must go up also.

As another sideline our friends in France (seemingly the center of the
EU, just ask them) and the rest of the EU economic community have always
wanted the Euro pegged at 1:1 with the US Dollar.  They never could
achieve this and not the two powerhouses (France and Germany) economies
are having problems.

Steve

And to add to Kai's very good comments ...

The dollar is at it's lowest value against the EURO since it's inception
in
1999. Which means, even before price increases that will affect
purchases in
this country, you will be paying considerably more by ordering from
Europe (in
particular, England) right now. As of today one USD is only worth .563
GBP. It
will take $1.77 to buy 1 British Pound. Less than a month ago it only(!)
took
$1.56 to buy the GBP. Give that some thought when ordering from the part

suppliers in England...arrrrgggghhhh

Larry M