Re:Swap&Sell (long and rambling)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Swap&Sell (long and rambling)
From: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:15:35 EST
I guess if you want to get things riled up around here just offer to support
our hobby by selling stuff, holy crap.  IMHO advertise all you want.  Anyhow,
I don't know how it would be made to work but I like the Swap and Sell idea
that Dave Wingett mentioned.  I know we have the autojumble list but that gets
no activity.  Maybe it's because it's too broad and people with Triumph stuff
like talking to Triumph groups, MG to MG groups and so on. I have a boat load
of Triumph stuff that I keep saying that I should get rid of but I don't feel
like going through the hassles of ebay so it just sits and I keep looking at it
thinking I should get rid of this stuff someday. A swap and sell format on
the various triumph lists might be pretty neat. I'm sure it could be done on a
separate web site somehow but I kinda like it tied to the Triumph list, maybe
it's a comfort level thing but It would be nice dealing with the people we have
come to know on line day in and day out and being able to help a friend we
know through the list. As far as advertising goes (and I realize that this is
not how the list is intended so I don't want to change the rules) I really like
hearing about stuff people have for sale. There are a lot of folks out there
making some pretty neat stuff for our cars that we have no idea is available.
When I purchase my first Triumph in 1991 the P.O. left a TRF catalog in the
trunk so that is how I learned about them. These days with the power of the
Internet and our Triumph lists it would be a wonderful source for new owners to
be
able to find out about Ted and Richard and all the rest of our supporters in
one location.  Again, I don't know how it would work but I think it would be
neat.  Let me go out on a limb and say I would be willing to help out if som
ebody knows how to do this sort of stuff and there is a need.  Help is the key
word here because when they wrote those "computers for dummies" books they had
my picture in front of them. Now Dave, about those Corvair axles......

Marty Sukey