RE: Transmission to OD connection

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, mcreamer@earthlink.net
Subject: RE: Transmission to OD connection
From: william.mcintire@wright.edu
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:08:44 -0500
Mark
If 'A's and 'J's are similar, there are two sets of splines the trans output
shaft must go through. With no shaft in place they can rotate independently
and get out of line with each other. I could line them back up by rotating the
driveshaft flange on the od and eventually they would line up. Then I would
put the od/trans together, it would stick at 5/8 and I'd do it again. Don't
know how they move but they do.  Possibly torching and MG or something would
appease the TR gods. There probably is a 'proper' way to assemble it, but I
don't know what it is.  We would keep trying and eventually it would give up.
HTH a little anyway.
Bill  '70 6