Seat runner assembly stiffness..

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat runner assembly stiffness..
From: "feickert" <feickert@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 09:17:32 -0500
I have two problems with my seat runner assemblies. (the
part that allows you to slide the seats forward/backward)
first: mine are really stiff and I have to lift the seat up and
bang on each (with a hammer) to get them to move.
Does anyone know if these assemblies can be "greased"
or made useable again? Second: one of the "nuts"(drivers
seat/front left) that is welded to the outer side of the floor
(to bolt the assembly to the floor) has popped loose and this
"nut" seems to be positioned between the floor and the
frame. (impossible to get to) Any suggestions on how to
tighten it down or should I cut the bolt and replace with a
"regular" bolt and nut (if that is possible -due to the position
of the frame). I plan to replace a bolt on the passenger side
with regular bolt (back side-left) but that bolt is readily accessible.

Any hints/advise is greatly appreciated.

Carl Feickert
'75 TR6
Jacksonville, Fl.