weber carb conversion and two issues: choke and emission

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: weber carb conversion and two issues: choke and emission
From: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 12:57:46 EST
Does anyone have an info on whether if I convert to downdraft Webers I will
still utilize the manual choke system that is stock in TR6s?  If not, how do
you start the car in cold weather,or cool weather for that matter.  Also, what
happens to the emission control tubing and valves........especially the valve
in hose going to the radiator in my 74 1/2?  I heard  that Webers do not use a
choke and are not compatible with emission control setups.  ( I think that I
heard that the valve in the hose to the radiator somehow affected advance and
how hot the engine runs)............  I have two SUs on my car now.........I am
thinking of going to the Goodparts three SU set up or the three Weber
system.....any advice?  I also am putting in Goodparts roller rockers.  My car
has a
mild cam, 10:1 compression, and headers, and uses an electric fan to help keep
her cool at idle.  I also am jet coating the intake manifold and the headers.
                        Bob Pierson