Re: Horton rear shock conversion

To: bytr6@frontiernet.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Horton rear shock conversion
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:33:19 EST
Brian...

The KYBs are a 'bare rod' gas shock (non-hooded) and are NOT adjustable. I
cannot testify to their performance.

KONIs are fully adjustable BUT must be REMOVED from the car to do so. Cool
orange/red color. They are 'hooded' shocks. Legendary performance. It probably
would be a good idea to check with the bracket manufacturer to be sure the hood
clears the bracket. Ask me how I know...details upon request!

SPAX shocks are another excellent option. They are adjustable (something like
28 settings) ON the car. They are also 'hooded' and the above caution applies
here also. Great yellow color.

FWIW....
Larry M
TR250
PS The SPAX website mentions they manufacture a conversion kit to replace
lever dampers on some classic cars...I cannot find the specifics on their
website
though. I wrote them to ask for details...