Lower Crash Pads

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Lower Crash Pads
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 17:09:00 -0500
Hi everyone:  While I have my dash apart, I decided to replace the lower
crash(76 TR6) which were cracking.  I purchased the Moss replacements
which match the texture very well but have extra vinyl material that
overlaps onto the front of the metal fascia.  The original pads wrapped
around themselves and had no material overlapping the fascia.  The
material on the new pads has a hole cut on the corner for the screw
holding the wood fascia on, which leads me to believe that the extra
material should be left on, but I wonder if its going to interfere with
the fit of the wood?   Anyone done this with the moss pads and what did
you do?
                            Thanks in Advance                     John
Mitchell   76 TR6  Shelton, Ct