RE: TR6 paint type

To: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: RE: TR6 paint type
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 10:48:53 -0800
Jonmac,

My car has always been in the Seattle area where the climate is benign, if a
little wet.  I'm surprised that my TR has virtually no rust, given that most
any thirty-year old car in this climate, even garage kept, could be excused
for rusting a bit.  Fortunately, very seldom are the roads salted, as far as
I know.

I believe the paint on my car was very thick.  When in my teens I was a
detailer for a Volvo-Datsun dealer in the sixties and rubbed out a
tremendous number of all kinds of trade-in cars.  Of course, the only way
one knows when paint is thin, or has become thin, is when one uncovers
primer...oh well.  Where in England do you live?

Gary
'73