FW: Thinking about selling - resend

To: <kmcnelis@nmsu.edu>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Thinking about selling - resend
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:18:18 -0800
        Kevin:

        Is this an LBC thing, or an "old car" thing? Any
30 year old car is going to have lots of issues. From maintenance
deferred by the DPO to inherent weak spots in the car's design,
there will be problems; 30 year old hoses are rotten, and 30 year
old wheel bearings are worn out. If you are looking for reliable
fun, you have a couple of options:

        1. Buy a Miata
        2. Do "pre-emptive strikes". Overhaul the fuel pump
         BEFORE it breaks. Put new points in it BEFORE they
         crap out, etc. This means going through the car
         pretty much from top to bottom.
        3. Buy a RESTORED TR6. This will get all the biggies
         out of the way, and it is someone else's frustration.
         This will cost you $15k or more, though.
        4. Become a Buddhist, or take an anger management class
         and just live with the occasional flameout. Fix it
         when it breaks, sort of thing.

        Me, I am opting for 2, in that I am restoring the TR6 from top
to bottom before I put any miles to speak of on it. Time will tell
if this gets me to motoring nirvana, or turns me into a clock tower
sniper. If you hear my name on the national news, you will know
it was the latter.

        Cheers (Pow! Pow! Take *THAT*, British Leylaaaaaand!!!!)

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6
Cogito Ergo Zoom
(I think, therefore I go fast)