Re: pertronix

To: RazorBobSr@aol.com
Subject: Re: pertronix
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:51:29 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I had the Crane setup (XR700) in my street car for at least 5 seasons. It
was awesome. I had absolutely no problems. I _always_ recommend that setup
to folks that have recurring ignition problems. I only gave up on that
when I decided to give up on Lucas distributors (and coincidentally Lucas
alternators).

The Crane setup would allow the car to start with the first twist of the
key every time. In fact, with the Crane and the Webers, I never even
needed the choke!

Warning - I don't care too much for originality if it makes the car less
reliable. The quality of some of the replacement parts for Lucas ignition
are pretty bad... so that's why I dumped the points and eventually the
distributors. If you want original - carry a spare distributor. :-0

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |