Trailing arm brackets

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trailing arm brackets
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:25:20 -0500
I took the 250 to my garage for a 4 wheel alignment this morning. As
suggested, I had them first give me the rear wheel camber number. Using the
table on the Buckeye site, I figured that I needed to swap out the inner
1-notch bracket with a 2-notch bracket.

So, I'm at the garage with the car in the air and we are trying to figure
out how to get this inner bracket free of the car. The pivot bolt is in its
original configuration (eg the nut is facing the other bracket). Neither I
nor the mechanic could figure out how to remove the bolt. I'm now at the
point where I'm going to remove the trailing arm and swap the bracket.

Two questions. The first is has anybody figured out how to remove the inner
bracket without disassembling the trailing arm? The second is does anybody
have experience with running the bolt in the more reasonable orientation
(nut inboard)? I know that at one time Dick T speculated that the bolt might
hit the frame if it were reversed. Is this true.

Thanks,
Peter
'68 TR250