raising compression

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: raising compression
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:07:35 -0800 (PST)
Hi folks1

I have my head off and in am intending to have it milled. The factory
compression on my head is 7.75:1 (1972) and I plan to have it milled to yield
to a 9.5:1 ration. I do not plan to replace the cam right away (need to watch
the $$$), but aside from the fact the motor won't fully realize the potential
performance gain from the compression increase, will there be any harm in doing
this. It's hard for me to think there would be, but for the fact I've seen so
MANY opinions about this subject that I have a small concern that there MIGHT
be.

Anyone with real experience with this?

Jim Jones
'72 Emerald