Re: Thermostatic Vacuum Switch

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Thermostatic Vacuum Switch
From: Douglas Morris <dcmdcm@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:33:03 -0500
I've now disconnected the dagnabbed thing, removed the associated plumbing,
plugged the front carb's manifold vac port and both bypass ports, reset the
timing to 10-deg BTDC, and installed a one-piece upper radiator hose. Hey,
it runs great; and it looks a lot neater this way, too.

Interesting aside -- when I removed the bypass vac lines at idle, the rear
carb's bypass vac port made a giant sucking sound (and no Ross Perot in
sight). From my reading of how this thingie's sposta work, I reckon that the
bypass valve's leaking badly. I'll have to yank that puppy tomorrow and take
a look. Maybe not... a toothpick jammed into the port made the noise go
away.

Note: on my original posting, the "2200F" was the email software's
misinterpretation of my "degree" symbol (you know, the little superscript
"o"). It should have read "220degF."

Thanks,
Doug Morris '74 TR6 CFsomethingorother, I forget, NC