Re: Tire poll follow-up question

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Tire poll follow-up question
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 11:37:34 -0500
Hi Ashford & all,

I am using the TRF comp springs that lower the car by approx 1", My tire
package includes Pirelli P6000 215/65 with Panasport 15x7" off road use
rims. Because I bought the car with these rims ( stamped "for racing use
only" ) I am not sure of the offset. They seem to be a "0" offset but he
extra inch with makes them seem +. They are not DOT approved although I
have hit my fair share of pot holes & rough roads, these things are very
strong.   These rims do have a full lock interference but it is easily
solved by removing some material from the upper control arm and ball
joint bolts. Under normal driving there is absolutely no problem. I
experience the binding only when cutting the wheel fully & backing in to
a parking space.
My previous tire size was 205's, the 215's are giving me some trouble
under very hard turns that cause the suspension to compress & the very
outer tread scuffs the fender lip. I like the Pirelli's very much.
They're very sticky, ride pretty quiet & have an aggressive tread
design. I would recommend using 205's or cutting the inner fender
lip       ( I don't think so ! ) to create clearance if the 215's are a
must. The Panasports give the car a whole new stance as well as allow
the tires to work better. You will also save a little unpsrung weight.

Over all I give them an A+ rating for appearance, function & durability.

--

Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.