RE: convertible top latch hardware Victoria cat. scan image

To: "'Michael Greene'" <m.e.greene@worldnet.att.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: convertible top latch hardware Victoria cat. scan image
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 19:51:26 -0500
Michael,
The washer is a "waved washer". It is paper thin washer and available
from The Roadster Factory for $.49, but you probably source one at a
good hardware store and save $5.00 in shipping While I'm sure the latch
will work without it, it does serve as a barrier to keep the chrome
latch handle from rubbing and wearing against the latch escutcheon.

Oh, and the list doesn't allow files to be sent.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

I had to replace the top latching pin on my 1974 TR6. I over tighten the
screw holding the latch and broke the head off and can not remove the
screw. I procured the hardware at a local hardware store. The photo in
the Victoria British catalog show a washer between the top latch handle
and the top latching pin. When I removed my hardware for the top
latching I did not see the item shown in the catalog. I have included a
file from the catalog page. Do I need to install this washer for proper
function of the mechanism. I was told that a bevel washer goes between
the units.

Michael E. Greene
8800 Shoreham Blvd.
Knoxville Tn. 37922