Introduction & A Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Introduction & A Question
From: Robert M Deutsche <bdeutsch@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:15:17 -0800 (PST)
Good Afternoon from a Warm and Sunny Northern California:

This is the first time I am posting a question to this group, so let me tell
you about my car.  It is a 1976 TR6 (CF51074U) with about 77,000 miles.  Bought
it while stationed in Montgomery, AL.  French Blue, with overdrive, factory
steel hardtop, and A/C.  It is my understanding that the A/C unit was a dealer
installed option on TR6s sold in the South.

Anyway, on to my question.  Although the car is in really good shape, no rust,
want to do a ground up restoration on it; essentially a frame-off type of
rebuild.  Desire is to bring it back to a 100 point show car.

I have some skills as a mechanic, but to be honest have never attempted to
remove a body from a car before.  Have bought a number of TR6 restoration
books, but am somewhat perplexed on exactly where to start in my attempts to
remove the body.  I know that I have to remove doors, then brace with some type
of metal between each side of door posts.  I know that I have to remove the
bolts that hold the body to the frame, but that is about the extent of what I
know.

Have done some research on the subject on various web sites, but still have not
found, for lack of a better term, a checklist type of approach to getting this
deed done.

Can anybody point me or provide to a prep checklist, that will help me get the
body off of the frame on my TR6?

Thanks,

Bob Deutsche