RE: TR6 Seat Belts

To: "'Bob'" <bthomas@ripnet.com>, <jserignese@notes.cc.sunysb.edu>,
Subject: RE: TR6 Seat Belts
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:50:49 -0500
This is just a matter of opinion, but as someone who has had their
Kangols rebuilt and installed the Securon belts, the Kangols are better
in function than the Securon belts. The Kangols retract better and have
the proper tension while driving, increasing comfort on the road. The
Kangols also work better with the top down because they don't bind as
much against the top, or hood cover. So I think it's more than just a
matter of "looking" right, they function much better also. Whether
they're worth the extra $$, well that's an individual decision.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Hi Jim,

   My TR6 needed seat belts 9 years ago when I bought it.   After
looking at
a used set of Kangols that were as bad or worse than the originals in it
( C$300/pr at that! ), I bought the Securon belts ( US$69 each at that
time ) from Moss and bolted them in with no modifications.

   They look good, work perfectly and most importantly are safer than
the UV
damaged, worn out originals.   The rebuilt Kangols are probably the best
bet
for the purist or a concours restoration, but for the average
enthusiast, the Moss supplied belts are more than adequate in my
opinion.

Cheers,   Bob Thomas
'74.5 CF 29889U