Re: New to the list looking for a TR250 tub

To: "John Peacock" <john_peacock@bellsouth.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New to the list looking for a TR250 tub
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 9:19:49 -0500
John,

The 4/4A tub should be a direct bolt on.  While the tubs are near identical I
guess it depends on what extent you call a tub.  I think the common definition
is everything on the steel body except removeable panels (outer fenders, trunk,
hood, doors, windshield frame). There may be some other slight differences that
I am not aware of but here are the ones I know (or think I know):
1. TR4 rear sill lip around back of cockpit is thicker than that of the 4A and
250.  It also uses the aluminum trim in that area.
2. The TR4 right inner fender has a small triangular cutout right in front of
the shelf near the wiper washer bottle for a mating feature in the adjacent
wheel well.  The 250 is straight here.
3. The TR4 front lower valance does not have the 250 rectangular cutout and the
TR4 upper valance has the small parking light attachment brackets in different
locations because of the lighting arrangement in the grille.
4. The right wheel well may have a slightly different relief for the air
filters.  Not sure on this one. I know that the 250 and '69 TR6 are the same
but there is one, and maybe two, different variants in later TR6 years.

Greg Dito
CD6250L