Removal tool for TR250/early TR6 rostyle hubcaps

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Removal tool for TR250/early TR6 rostyle hubcaps
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:17:47 +0000

I recently acquired a nice set of rostyle hubcaps for my 1969 TR6.  My
owner's manual shows a "L" shaped tool that's used for poping the hubcaps
off the wheel when you want to remove them.  Does anyone know of a suitable
substitute tool or something that can be fashioned out of a chunk of metal?
   I'll only use the hubcaps for an occasional car show and photo op.

Thanks for any help.

Walt Fogle
Woodinville, WA
'69 TR6
'80 TR8 FHC (soon to be offered for sale)