Gas Mileage question

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas Mileage question
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:29:24 -0800
While the 'BBC' is undergoing a diff, rear suspension, front suspension etc
overhaul, I've been tootling around town in the LBC.  This week's Northern
California sunshine was great; today's hi fog and cool breeze isn't.
Been checking the gas consumption over the last 3 weeks or so, it's
averaging about 14.7 US gallon.  It's a mix of city and local freeway
driving.  I think it's low, the 87 jag gets better!  Out of curiosity,
what's the general average for general town/freeway driving.  I'm pretty
cautious on the throttle, rarely over 3000-3500.  The tail pipes are quite
sooty, so I think maybe a leaning is required.  Especially is my mileage is
significantly lower than other driver's experiences.

Thanks

Ken
73 TR6 CF7000U0
87 SIII Jag ('undergoing R&R&transplant)
79 Vespa Grande