Leaky Transmission

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaky Transmission
From: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 14:36:57 -0500
List,

I seem to be leaking tranny fluid(mt90) out of the "nipple" that the bolt
goes through that holds the "reverse" mechanism in.  Also, there is a hole
drilled down in the "nipple" to where that bolt comes out as well.  I looked
at a few other gearboxes of mine & there's no hole in the side.  In fact
there are 2 holes drilled.  One has some sort of set screw...the other just
a hole.  I'm guessing the set screw is there to keep the bolt from moving?
When I select Reverse the bolt/nut moves outward from the "nipple".  Is
there some sort of seal that perhaps needs replacing or should I just start
thinking about using one of the other gearboxes?  Of course that will
involve swapping the J-type O/D  plus mainshaft over to the 4-speed gearbox.

Thanks,

Todd Bermudez

Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals on high-speed Internet
access.
https://broadband.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/