Victoria British Clutch rebuild kit

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Victoria British Clutch rebuild kit
From: "Adam C Beasley" <adam@adambeasley.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:30:13 -0500
I ordered the Victoria British Clutch rebuild kit for my 73 TR6.  When I
opened the package, everything looked great.  Brand new master cylinder,
slave, and tubing between the two.  I flushed emptied my old unit, removed
it and proceeded to install the new kit.  I started with the master
cylinder; it went it perfectly, as did the hose.  Excited at the fact that I
will be very close to driving my car after two parts come tomorrow, I
dropped down and slid under my car only to find out.. THE DARN THING DOESN'T
FIT!!!!  Apparently the end is now oval and not round, making it just a
little to wide to slide into the mount.  Frustrated I called VB, wait on
hold for 30 minutes only to be told the best they can do is to open a ticket
to do some research.  Not only did they want to charge me a wad to have a
repair kit sent express, they won't take partial returns on kits!  So
basically the moral of the story is.

And to top it off, I can't get my darn oil drain plug off!  (Any ideas???)

New Frustrated 1973 TR6 Owner who still hasn't driven his car!