RE: First drive...

To: "Adam C Beasley" <adam@adambeasley.com>
Subject: RE: First drive...
From: "Kronberg, Peter" <peter.kronberg@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 07:40:08 -0600
Hey Adam,
One point that you made caught my eye- the alternator.
My alternator also made an occasional whine that became more pronounced
over time- most often experienced while driving up steep hills.
I found that the axial end-float of the rotor was changing, due to a
worn bushing or shim component. The whine came from the cooling fins
behind the pulley coming into contact with the alternator housing when
the rotor shifted aft.
On the recommendations of this august body, I sent it off to J&N
Electric, in Cincinnati, Ohio for a refurb before the condition
worsened.
I'll be sure to report my satisfaction level upon its return.

Pete
CF51563U