Temp Sending Unit

To: "6packlist" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temp Sending Unit
From: "Chris Kincer" <c.kincer@insightbb.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 15:43:35 -0400
I took my TR6 out for the first drive of the year, and found out I'm not
getting a reading on my temp gauge.  On an hour long trip it finally went up
to a little over the 1/4 mark but no more.  It used to work fine.  What are
the chances the sending unit is bad?  I wasn't for sure how often these go bad
on people.  The fuel and volt meter are reading fine, so I'm thinking it's not
a voltage stabalizer problem.  I took the gauge out sanded the contacts, as
well as saded the contact on the sedning unit.  No reading what so ever.  Any
ideas?

Thanks,
Chris