Brake system progress

To: "TR6 list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake system progress
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 20:22:57 -0700
List,

This is a follow up to replacing the master brake cylinder on my TR6.  After
further bleeding I found that the left rear line had some air in it.  Now,
the pedal is up much higher, still not what it could be but much better.  I
found the road test results interesting in that when hitting the brake hard,
the car stops quite quickly but not without ultimately locking up the left
front wheel.  The odd part, to me, is that the car still does not pull to
the left prior to locking the wheel.  Regardless of all of that, I'm going
to bleed the right front line some more and see if air in that line is
causing the left front to lock first.  Also, I'm going to adjust the rear
brakes as recommended by Kai Radicke.  He points out that doing that may
take some slack out of the system.  As it is right now, I can at least drive
the car and am anticipating the forecasted 70deg weather.

Gary