Re: Stranger still....

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stranger still....
From: HalMorton@webtv.net (Harold M. Morton)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:33:41 -0500
Bob A,                                                         This is a
WAG, but based on personal experience. Are you sure your fuel lines
aren`t at least partially blocked, or "pinched" somewhere in the rubber?
I once helped a friend "resurrect" the engine in a TR6 that had been
down for three years. After changing the fuel filter and cleaning the
pump screen, we still had fuel starvation. We blew out the lines from
the pump back to the stub coming out of the tank, but the problem
persisted. It turned out that the metal fuel line stub coming from the
tank was mostly blocked by rust dust and "varnish" from the old
gasoline. We cleared it with a stiff piece of wire and solved the
problem. It seems that the lines allowed enough flow to start and run
for awhile, but it wasn`t enough to sustain the engine- until it sat for
awhile and replenished the supply.

Hal Morton                                                  Pascagoula,
MS