1974 TR6 doesn't crank

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1974 TR6 doesn't crank
From: "abehravesh" <abehravesh@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 23:04:00 -0700
Hello 6pack list,

I own a patiently-waiting-to-be-restored-1974-TR6.

This car has developed the following problem and I was hoping there may be a
simple fix for it.

The starter won't engage anymore and I suspect the seat belt interlock
mechanism.

Before, when this problem would occasionally occur, I would make sure all
seatbelts were fastened, the handbrake was engaged and  after shifting around
in my seat, the starter would engage normally. Sometimes I would step out of
the car, shut the doors, reach inside and turn the key and the starter would
also engage.(I found all these instructions in the original owner's manual for
the car).

I would like to know if there is a quick way to disable the seatbelt interlock
mechanism so I might start the car.

Any leads will be greatly appreciated.

Behravesh