Rust control questions

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rust control questions
From: "Richard and Tracy Lambour" <rlambour@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:25:58 -0400
Howdy all,

I have a TR-6 that I recently shipped from Texas to Massachusetts.  The car
has a very small amount of rust on it and the dry climate in west Texas kept
it under control very well.  In the 5 months it's been here in Mass., these
spots have begun to blossom.  I'm looking for advice on how to stop and
control the rust as I may not be able to tear into the body work much this
year due to unforseen funding constraints (although I guess I will have to if
it means saving the car).  The spots aren't very big (The largest is the size
of a quarter), but they are growing at an alarming rate.  The spots are
located mainly on the bottoms of the doors and on the sills below the doors.
Is there a good source of general advice somewhere on how to stop the rust?

Thanks very much!

Rick
1970 TR-6