Body problem

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Body problem
From: YeOldEd@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:38:55 EDT
Hi, listers. Body experts to the fore, please. I'll be as brief as I can.

On my ground-up, body-off resto, I fitted Robbins best top. Without forcing
it, the attachment pins on the soft top come up 1/4 inch short of the holes in
the top of the windshield trim.

The body shop replaced both sills. I put the body back on the chassis.

Can the attachment bolts be adjusted, using the thick, open washers, to
"crank" the body so the gap between soft top and the windshield closes?
(Incidentally, the door gaps are substantially wider at the top than at the
bottom. I
don't think I can crank the windshield any further backward than it already
is.)
Is there any adjustment in the soft top frame?

Can anyone recommend a body man in Southern Cal to help?

Mike N
CC75088L
The MoneypiTR