Re: Brake problem

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake problem
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 15:07:07 -0700 (PDT)
Steve,

This happened on my car many years ago and it turned out to be a bad
"tipper valve" (also sometimes called a "tipping valve") in the master
cylinder.  Apparently this valve allows fluid to flow back to the
master cylinder reservoir when you let off the brakes.

I'd say you either have a bad tipper valve (the fix would be a
new/rebuilt master cylinder) or perhaps bad front brake hoses, as
another lister already stated.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6