Re: Yellow striped hoses revisited

To: dmallin@attglobal.net, sterrettsmith@hotmail.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yellow striped hoses revisited
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 03:23:39 EDT
Don, that was Mike Green.  He is a distant cousin of mine.  He has two 250's,
a Spitfire and a 6.  They are all either original or virtually perfect.  I
know his Dad a little better and he lives just outside Indianapolis.

Just for the record, I did NOT get lucky on the NOS hoses and have been
vacillating between black, green or some effort to make my own.  So far I have
run
into the same issue.  The striping seems to have been done pre-bending.  Also
I have not found a decent paint that will cover the green hoses and not
"Crack" when flexed.  Any recommendations welcome.

On a different note I have the 250 just about back together and hope to show
it at the South Central VTR Regional this coming weekend.  I have put several
things (exhaust manifold, soft top with correct stripe, proper hose clamps,
headlamps, etc.) back to stock, rebuilt the carbs, fuel pump, new trunk floor
and tank back, wiring, even found a NOS set of Side Lamp/Markers!!!, etc., etc.

I have even located an original (and working) AM/FM radio and the proper
speaker box that mounts under the dash over on the passenger side.  It was a 4
x 6
oval in a metal case painted wrinkle black.  I think I would have a decent
chance of really doing well if I could just find some of those blasted hoses!!

Sterrett, I have temporarily given up on the Surrey Top as they have just
gone out of sight.  I had a chance to buy the one that was on e-bay a month or
so
ago from over in England.  Price....1,800 British Pound Sterling plus my
import fees, etc.  Admittedly it was without question the best I have even seen
but it would have been pushing $3,000 by the time it was painted and fitted.  I
love the Surrey Top but not THAT much.

Hope is going well for you and Don.

Wish me luck at the South Central VTR Regional this weekend.

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, MO

Ps....My luck is still pretty good as I found a complete and professionally
rebuilt Judson Super Charger for my 59 Bugeye.  It has a new MiniMania 1275 and
the Rivergate 5 speed conversion.  It does pretty good now but I am eager to
see what it will do with the SC on it.  Oh Yeah, the price on the SC was well
under $1,000.  I consider that a real bargain!!