timing problem redux

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: timing problem redux
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:15:41 EDT
Update
I moved the distributor drive gear counter-clockwise two gear teeth from
Bentley's instructions.  Set the static timing to 4 degrees BTDC.  Fired right
up.
 Could not get a reading dynamically.  Advanced it a bit more to smooth it
out.  Adjusted the carbs to full rich.  It still has a sporadic miss, but is
much better.  Revs up with no hesitation.  I think I'll give my liver a break
(if
you get my drift) and drive it as is for now.  Thanks to all for your advice.
Mike C '71 CC62976L